WINTERIZE YOUR VEHICLE
• Check your antifreeze level and make sure it is properly filled and formulated for winter temperatures.
• Check your tire pressure and tread depth to minimize sliding and/or hydroplaning.
• Replace the wiper blades and fill the windshield wiper fluid reservoir; be sure to use a winter formula to help de-ice windshields.
• If traveling to higher elevations, carry tire chains that are the correct size for your tires, in good working order and practice installing the chains before needing to use them.
• Have a full tank of fuel before traveling.
Add, dish soap, ammonia, and (optional). Recap the bottle and gently tip upside down a few times to mix ingredients. Pour into the windshield wiper fluid reservoir of your car.
While your car's windshield wiper fluid level is not crucial to your car's maintenance, it is something you should still pay attention to. In an instant, your windshield can become fouled by soil, bug guts, pollen, dust or other substances that can limit your visibility. You can wash that matter off the windshield if your wiper fluid reservoir isn't empty. Filling the wiper fluid tank is easy, quick and inexpensive and will make driving safer for you.